Sunday, September 28, 2008

A few more details :)

  • The awesome LeaderofMen is setting up a flickr group for us.
  • I selected the first group of members and have some more in mind, but to make the jurying a more impartial process in the future I'd like to add some more "deciders." Onegarnetgirl has graciously agreed to be one of our team's jurors - thank you!
  • I need the group banner before I send the official team application to etsy. As soon as the completed banner is emailed to me I'll get that in. There will also be a "member of" image for our team if anyone wishes to use it.
  • So far, metalworkers are the most robustly represented group in the team. That's very cool, as I have a special fondess for metalwork, but I'd love to see some really skilled artists from other areas like seed beading and wire wrapping join us too.
  • The team email address is cageymail@gmail.com - if you are a team member please send an email to that address so that I can add you to the group contact list. I promise not to spam you.
  • I would like to give anyone who is interested authorship priviliges on this blog - I think the group members should all have the ability to contribute information, ideas, and a modicum of self-promotion. ;)
  • If you posted an interest in being on the team on the original thread last night and I didn't convo you about being a member, that means one of two things; either I decided something about your shop didn't meet team criteria, or I added your name to a list of shops I was having a hard time deciding on. Feel free to email cageymail@gmail.com for details about your shop if you wish.
  • If I was having a hard time deciding, that means I am going to let the expanded pool of jurors have the final say. If you didn't meet the team criteria but would like to, there will soon be a mentoring thread set up where team members can offer suggestions for improvements in photography and other common snags. A major focus of this team is helping each other improve in our trade and that is part of it. I can tell you I saw some spectacularly skilled people who just needed to work on photography......
  • At some point, all of you will be able to post ads for your shops on this blog (for free) and hopefully profiles as well.
  • That's it for tonight! :P

1 comment:

Crystal said...

If you're still in need for more jurors, I'd be happy to help.

~Crystal
2BellesBeads